1/04/2006

An apple seed

I rooted myself in you,
spreading deep into that soul.
Seeping the blood, the marrow,
the tears from you
to create the sap of my life
my fruit to blossom.
From the pain I caused you,
From the rain and the minerals

I deprived you,
I reached to the sun,
burying you beneath my leaves.
Hardening you.
Soiling you.
While I became the apple tree.


My branches were full
and High, for you I stood on.
My shadow cast down upon you,
beating you with fallen cores.
Worms to crawl upon you.
You supporting my weight,
year after year,
until that day I bore no fruit.
My bark becoming white and gray,
so cold the sun couldn’t even warm

the chloroplasts beneath my skin.
And I fell in your arms
and you embraced me like a mother,
a lover and a friend,
Holding me until I would be renewed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home