10/30/2005

A Moment of Silence

A moment of silence
Is all that I need
For the death of my brother
My brother and me

Leaving one day
To where I don't know
He said that he had to
That he had to go

I screamed and I yelled
And I begged that he stay
But my brother he walked
He walked away

And I longed for him
My brother, the dead
To see him go filled me
Filled me with dread

I hate him, I love him
For he made a change
My dead brother, he left me
Left me deranged

And no one understands
How I needed him so
With my dead brother, I wanted
I wanted to go

They buried him today
I guess they didn't see
That when they buried him
They also did me.

2 Comments:

Blogger vita4all said...

You could probably get that published at www.antiwar.com, or maybe commondreams.com, or possibly countercurrents.com. Seriously. I like it also because it addresses the ambivalence in nearly every sibling relationship. I hope you don't let your poems get lost in the desert of cyberspace.

9:58 PM  
Blogger vita4all said...

I made an error. It's commondreams.org, and countercurrents.org, but antiwar.com.

dissidentvoice.org may be interested in it too.

I might also do huffingtonpost.com
Good luck.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home