10/30/2005

The Demon Inside

There's a demon inside me
That won't go away
it drinks and it pukes
Night after Day

I just want to free him
To let it all out
But I know that I can't
with every scream every shout

I bottle him up
The genie in a lamp
But he drains me each day
This devilish vamp

When my defenses are down
He waits for the day
For someone to rub me
Rub me the wrong way

Then he springs forth
In my moment of need
Filling my body
With hatred and greed

Spitting out word
Malicious and cruel
Dominating others
Breaking the rules

It takes all my strength
To put him back in
To exorcise myself
Of this evil gin

But once I do
I feel so much better
But now, nobody calls
Not even a letter

So I'm left alone
Just this imp and I
And as long as I'm living
He'll never die

2 Comments:

Blogger vita4all said...

Powerful. I hope you share it with others. Bookstores like Borders or Barnes and Noble usually have monthly poetry slams. Keep writing, you're put your finger of the essence of it.

9:51 PM  
Blogger - E. S. P said...

Thank you guys i'm glad someone is actually out there reading my blog. Nice to know. Unfortunately i'm a long way from Borders and Barnes and Noble, but I'll see what I can do.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home